On March 25, 2022, NYU’s Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law will host its annual symposium, this year titled “The Step Ahead: The Return of Broadway in the Age of Coronavirus.” Please join us for our 2022 Symposium, which will take place for free over Zoom. NYU students and faculty should RSVP here; practitioners should RSVP here. You can also mark yourself as attending at our Facebook event here.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, Broadway has taken a serious hit. Theaters closed, shows canceled. The once vibrant and magical place that is known as the Theater District of New York City became silent and dead. After vaccinations were introduced, Broadway also slowly started its reopening process. However, how would the current COVID-19 pandemic impact the reopening and returning of Broadway?
This symposium focuses on the various legal issues that would arise in the return of Broadway—either online or in person. We aim to explore the legal issues from different perspectives and different areas of the law. The schedule, topics, and speakers of our symposium’s panels will be:
- Introductions (1:00 – 1:10 pm)
- Panel 1: COVID Impact and Reopening Plans for the Return of Broadway (1:10 – 2:10 pm)
- Panel 2: The Return of a New Broadway: Diversity Issues in Theater (2:10 – 3:10 pm)
- Break (3:10 – 3:20 pm)
- Panel 3: Streaming Broadway: New Model for Broadway Business in the Age of Coronavirus (3:20 – 4:20 pm)
- Panel 4: Profits vs. Access: Intellectual Property Rights Issues in Broadway (4:20 – 5:20 PM)
- Closing Remarks (5:20 – 5:30 pm)
This event has been approved for up to 4.5 New York State CLE credits in the category of Areas of Professional Practice. The credit is both transitional and non-transitional; it is appropriate for both experienced and newly admitted attorneys. Out-of-state CLE: NYU School of Law is an accredited provider of CLE in New York State. If you are seeking CLE credit for a different state, we recommend you consult with your state’s CLE Board to ascertain regulations on reciprocity. If you have questions regarding CLE credits, please contact Josh Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.